Thursday, June 30, 2011

C&P: Oregon Coastline Trip

I have never in my life waited for summers as much as I do now. Being a South-Asian sunny days are commodity instead of luxury in my country-India. But Seattle’s weather has made me to believe that things which are available so easily day in and day out might not be there always. Yup! This is very true with sunny days in Seattle. Weather forecast is the most followed news here. The moment you see a golden sun with no clouds on weekend forecast page, one starts planning for outdoor activities. We are the people who wait for the last rain of the season, not the first. But in spite of this, I love this place for its beauty and serenity.

In Seattle, summer usually starts in July, and July 4th is the first long weekend of this season. This year we have decided to have a road trip on Hwy 101 which runs along the Oregon coastline. I am quite excited about this trip, as it will be our first trip with our son. Keeping our son’s age in mind we have decided not to make it very hectic and we will pick few but most recommended places for our itinerary. So far we have planned to pick few tourist spots from following list:

Flavel House Museum, Lewis and Clark Salt Cairn Historic Monument, Fort Clatsop National Memorial, Astoria Column, Canon Beach, Tillamook Cheese Factory, Yaquina Bay Lighthouse, Oregon Coast Aquarium



View Oregon Coastline Road Trip in a larger map

Right now, my only concern is that whether we will be able to make it or not as my husband is down with seasonal cold and sour throat. Anyway, let’s hope for the best. I will write more about his trip once we are back. Till then stay tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment