Monday, July 11, 2011

M&M : Shopping List for Mommy and Munchkin- II

While preparing for my baby registry, I was in a dilemma for certain items - whether to add them or not. Eventually, I added them to my registry, and I didn’t regret my decision. Here I am sharing my reasons for selecting those items.

 
Onesies: Generally, I have seen four kinds of onesies:
  • Long-Sleeve Mitten-Cuffs 
  • Long sleeve without mittens
  • Short sleeve
  • Sleeveless
 For initial three months, I decided to use mitten-cuff onesies for my son. These onesies were really comfortable for covering an infant’s hands. Beside that one doesn’t need to buy separate mittens. As per my friends, with separate mittens babies can take their hands out very easily. 

Sleep-and-playoutfit: I really admire the person who first designed them. Sleep-and-play outfits are my favorite for a number of reasons. First, my son born in the winters, so these outfits were perfect to cover him completely. Second, baby can slip inside them very easily. Third, these outfits are very comfortable for changing a baby’s diaper- you just unbutton the snaps. Last, you do not need to buy separate booties.
Again, there are two kinds of S&P outfits: one with titch-button snaps and other with zipper. If your baby is smart enough to pull out his leg from titch-button outfits then try with zipper. The only thing which I do not like about zipper is that one has to bend a baby’s leg to slip it in the suit which is quite uncomfortable for baby.

Baby gowns are another option if your baby born in summer.

Receiving blankets/Sleep-Sack
                                                              Receiving Blanket               

Our son didn’t like to swaddle, but we tried to swaddle him with receiving blankets and sleep-sack. I liked the sleep-sack better, as it made the swaddling easier. If you are planning to swaddle your baby then these are definitely worth some $$. Another advantage is that you do not need to cover your baby with a blanket while he/she is sleeping, so it reduces SID chances.
                                                                        Sleep Sack

Washcloths: Initially, I didn’t understand their use, but in spite of that I added them in my baby registry and I didn’t regret my decision. Now, I use them day in day out. Washcloths can be used for a variety of purposes: cleaning baby bottoms; wiping face, gums, and teeth. I bought a set of 12 wash cloths, and I am pretty happy with them.

Bulb Syringe/Nasal aspirator/Snot Sucker: A must have item. We got it from our hospital. It is used to clean the snot to ease the nasal congestion. Babies do not know how to breathe from their mouth. If they have nasal congestion, then it could become a life threatening situation. Check out the following link regarding Nasal aspirator use.
Glider Rocker: If you don’t want to walk the whole night holding your baby then this is a must have item.  Its motion really soothes the baby. We have been using our glider since day one. Now, my son is nine months old and it is still in use. If you are curious about "how it works" try them in any baby shop. I am sure you would like them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment