Saturday, June 25, 2011

M&M : Shopping List for Mommy and Munchkin- I

Maternity Clothes:
While shopping for maternity clothes I decided not to buy too many, but at the same time I wanted to have variety too; therefore, I decided to wear casual tops as well. I was surprised to see, till six month   I was able to wear my Rosettes. I also tried halter tops and Indian tunics.
Before you buy maternity clothe here is my one advice: Don't buy baby doll tops-the one which has  tight elastic at bust line. They are quite uncomfortable. Instead go for smoked, ruched or waist-tie or drawstring tops.

For maternity clothes I would recommend following stores:
  • Motherhood Maternity: Motherhood Maternity is a good place for buying bottoms (Jeans/trousers). I really love the secret belly Jeans. I do not like the tops because of dull colors, but still got one nice top from here.
  • Gap Maternity Shop
  • Burlington coat factory
  • Kohl’s
  • Pea in the pod: Expensive but you will get variety
  • Unbuttoned Maternity
Footwear: During your pregnancy do not buy any new footwear. Most of the women have edema during their pregnancy which can cause swelling in the hands, face, legs, ankles, and feet. I had edema too and I really liked my back strap sandals which I could adjust according to my swollen feet.
Pregnancy Pillow: You might need a pregnancy pillow in your third trimester to support your tummy while sleeping. A no of pillows are available, you can choose according to your requirement.

Maternity/Nursing Bras: With passing pregnancy both bust and breast size change a lot. If the change is not significant you can use the bra extender otherwise buy some new bras for yourself. Don’t buy your nursing bras too early and too many. You can buy couple of them in last couple of month of your pregnancy. While selecting the bra keep following points in mind:
  • Always buys at least one size (or some women like to buy two size up) from current size
  • If possible, check how comfortable you feel with nursing pad in it
  • Make sure you can open and close the snap with one hand comfortably
Here is one good article about selecting maternity bras


Baby Items:
I started exploring about baby items towards the end of six month of my pregnancy. Initially, I got overwhelmed with so many options available, but “Baby Bargain” and my friends’ suggestions really helped me to narrow down my requirements. Here is the the must have list for a new mom. You can change it according to your requirement and budget.
Nursing/Feeding:
Sleeping:
  • Crib
  • Crib mattress
  • Crib bedding set
  • Head Support Pillow
Bathing:
  • Bath tub
  • Shampoo and body lotion
  • Comb
  • Massage oil
  • Massage sheets
  • Bath Towels
  • Nasal aspirator
  • Nail clipper
Diapering:
  • Diaper
  • Wipes
  • Changing Pad and pad cover
  • Diaper rash cream
Nice to Have:
  • Infant Bundle me
  • Sterilizer
  • Glider/Rocker
  • Swing
  • Baby Monitor
  • Pack n Play
  • Hands Free Breastpump Bra
  • Snuggle Nest
  • Wipe warmers
  • Bottle Drying rack
Other:
  • Night Light
  • Car Seat and Stroller

No comments:

Post a Comment