Monday, June 20, 2011

M&M: Tale of my three trimesters

During my pregnancy, I had all the possible side effects that one can imagine: excessive saliva, mood swings, acid reflux, smell sensitivity, nausea, headaches, back pain, water retention (edema), taste change, itching, muscle spasms, etc. Like a true friend acid reflux stayed with me until the last day of my pregnancy; there wasn't a single day when I didn't feel it. To get some relief from it, I tried every possible thing, but soon I realized that I couldn’t get away from it.

In my first two months, I didn’t feel any major side effects except increased appetite and mood swings; however, beginning third month, every other day I was feeling something new. Third month was worst I was not able to eat well because of nausea and queasiness. I was throwing up all day long. My diet was quite limited to certain food items. Primarily, I was eating lots of fruits and drinking lemonade. My husband was a bit surprised when he found that I couldn’t even drink plain water because of some weird small; and same with Onion, garlic, rice, because of their unbearable smell I stopped eating them.
Generally, second trimester is considered relatively better than other two which I found true in my case, but it was not as good as I was expecting. Beginning fourth month things started getting better, and I found that some of the side effects were fading away. Fifth and sixth months were the best period of my pregnancy. In these two months, I could eat well and some of the side effects such as smell sensitivity and morning sickness had lessened; I started light exercises and evening walk, and we also planned trips to Vancouver and Bay area.
Once I reached my third trimester I realized how time really flies? This trimester was relatively better than my first trimester, but there were some new developments such as difficult in walking, blanking out, loosen grip, labia pain, muscle spasms. Babycenter.com was one of the sites which I used primarily for my pregnancy-related queries. I also subscribed to its weekly emails.
My every trimester came with new surprises, but slowly, and steadily I learned how to cope with them.
Posted by Nidhi at 10:40

No comments:

Post a Comment