Saturday, August 20, 2011

S&S: Semolina Cake


While stepping down the stairs I saw that my living room was filled with brisk and crispy sunlight. “What a spectacular sunny morning! Isn’t warm, sugary treat with a glass of cold coffee and toasted bread slices would be a great Saturday morning breakfast”- I said to myself. My mouth knew exactly what it was salivating for - Semolina cake. Within few minutes I was ready in my kitchen with all baking gadgets and ingredients for recipe. I started the oven and set the temperature to 3500 F. After 15 min of preliminary preparation and sous-chef work my baking pan was in oven with semolina-yogurt batter.  I do not remember how and when I started my experiments with baking, but like a swirling-swooping-genie heavenly smells of baking delights have always cast a spell on me; Even sniffing around a bakery shop adds extra pounds to me. This cake is my favorite for two reasons. First, it is one of those quick-and-easy snacks. Second, you can make it both in sweet and salty flavors. Whenever I look for a new recipe, I prefer to watch a video. Videos gives you a better understanding of the whole process and are more close to “what it would be look alike” scenario. So here I am sharing the Anjum Anand’s video on how to prepare this cake. While I delight my senses with this savory treat you can watch this video.




2 comments:

  1. I just saw this one. We have to taste this before I attempt to make one ;)

    ReplyDelete